Thomas Jay Oord, Ph.D., is Professor of Theology and Philosophy at Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa, Idaho. He serves as theologian for the Institute for Research on Unlimited Love and on the executive council of several scholarly societies, including the AAR Open and Relational Theologies group and the Wesleyan Theological Society. Dr. Oord has written and edited a number of books, the most recent being The Altruism Reader: Selections for Writings on Love, Religion, and Science(Templeton), The Many Aspects of Love: Philosophical Explorations (Cambridge Scholars), and Relational Holiness: Responding to the Call of Love (Beacon Hill). His essays have appeared in dozens of journals and books, and he is currently writing a volume he titles, The Turn to Love: The Love, Science, and Theology Symbiosis. In addition to being a professor, writer, and researcher, Dr. Oord serves his faith tradition as an ordained minister.
- An Ongoing Adventure with WWJD?
- Creation and Kenotic Love: A Descriptive and Critical Review
- Of Meontic Freedom & Panexperientialism
- Physics and Process Thought
- Altruism in Groups: Evolutionary Biological and Psychological Evidence
- Review of John Haught’s “God After Darwin”
- Review of “Religion and Scientific Naturalism”